Current academic position: Dean, School of Business Administration
Current academic appointment: Associate Professor (Since 2007)
The College of Management Academic Studies (Since 1990)
Academic studies and degrees 1986-1999, Tel Aviv University, Israel
BA – Economics; MBA – Marketing; BA Psychology (Cum laude);
MA – Clinical Psychology of the Child (Cum laude); PhD – Cognitive Psychology
Professional training and licensing in Clinical Psychology:
- Specialized in trauma and other anxiety disorders, depression, preventive & positive psychology, mental resilience and coping with stress. Private clinic since 1996.
- The Israeli Ministry of Health: Licensed psychologist #4599 since 1994.
- Psychiatric Department, Tel-Aviv Medical Center, Ichilov Hospital 1994-1999.
- The Israeli Ministry of Health: Licensed clinical psychologist #5348 since 1999.
- The Israeli Ministry of Health: Licensed in hypnosis – therapy and research #0499 since 2001.
Professional experience in Business Administration – non academic:
- Management: Management & Business Psychology: Consultant and advisor for senior management and directors, career and decision-making support, organizational behavior.
- Marketing: Consumer behavior, sampling, surveying, marketing research, advanced statistics and research methods, qualitative research, employees and HR survey & research.
Selected peer-review publications
Lubow, R.E. & Kaplan, O. (1997). Visual search as a function of type of prior experience with target and distractor. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 23, 14-24.
Lubow, R.E., Dressler, R. & Kaplan, O. (1999). The effects of target and distractor familiarity on visual search in de-novo Parkinson's disease patients: Latent inhibition and novel pop-out. Neuropsychology, 13, 415-423.
Lubow, R.E., Toren, P., Laor, N. & Kaplan, O. (2000). The effects of target and distractor familiarity on visual search in anxious children: Latent inhibition and novel pop-out. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 14, 41-56.
Lubow, R.E., Kaplan, O., Abramovich, P., Rudnick, A. & Laor, N. (2000). Visual search in schizophrenia: Latent inhibition and novel pop-out effects. Schizophrenia Research, 45, 145-156.
Kaplan, O. & Lubow, R.E. (2001). Context and reminder effects in a visual search analog of latent inhibition. Learning and Motivation, 32, 137-153.
Lubow, R.E., Kaplan, O. & De la Casa, G. (2001). Performance on the visual search analog of latent inhibition is modulated by an interaction between schizotypy and gender. Schizophrenia Research, 52, 275-285.
Kaplan, O. & Solan, M. (2002). Ghosts in the corridors of business administration schools: The “unconscious” at work. Organisational & Social Dynamics, 2, 53-74 [Karnac Books].
Cohen, E., Sereni, N., Kaplan, O., Weizman, A., Kikinzon, L., Weiner, I. & Lubow, R.E. (2003). The relation between latent inhibition and symptom-types in young schizophrenics. Behavioural Brain Research, 149, 113-122.
Lubow, R.E. & Kaplan, O. (2005). The visual search analog of latent inhibition: Implications for theories of irrelevant stimulus processing in normal and schizophrenic groups. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, 12, 224-243.
Lubow, R.E., Braunstein-Bercovitz, H., Blumenthal, O., Kaplan, O. & Toren, P. (2005). Latent inhibition and asymmetrical visual-spatial attention in children with ADHD. Child Neuropsychology, 11, 445-457.
Kaplan, O., Dar, R., Rozental, L. & Lubow, R.E. (2006). Obsessive-compulsive disorder patients display enhanced latent inhibition on a visual search task. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 44, 1137-1145.
Shrira, A. & Kaplan, O. (2009). Latent inhibition in within-subject designs: The roles of masking, schizotypy and gender. Personality and Individual Differences, 47, 922-927.
Lubow, R.E. & Kaplan, O. (2010). Psychopathology and individual differences in latent inhibition: Schizophrenia and schizotypality. In: Gruszka, A., Matthews, G. & Szymura, B. (Eds). Handbook of individual differences in cognition: Attention, memory and cognitive control. New York: Springer.
Manor, I., Kaplan, O., Tadmor, Y. & Lubow, E.R. (2010). The effects of methylphenidate treatment on latent inhibition in adults with ADHD. European Psychiatry, 25, Supp. 1, 6.
Kaplan, O. & Lubow, R.E. (2011). Ignoring irrelevant stimuli in latent inhibition and Stroop paradigms: The effects of schizotypy and gender. Psychiatry Research, 186, 40-45.
Lazar, J., Kaplan, O., Sternberg, T., & Lubow, R.E. (2012). Positive and Negative Affect Induce Opposing Processing of Task-Irrelevant Stimuli: Evidence from Latent inhibition Studies, Emotion, 12, 591-604.
Vera, E. (2013). Elio Vera interviews Oren Kaplan. Cross Cultural Management: An International Journal, 20, 635-639.
Lubow, E.R., Kaplan, O., & Manor, I. (2014). Latent Inhibition in ADHD Adults On and Off Medication: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Attention Disorders, 18, 625-631.
Ben Ami, M., Hornik, J., Eden, D, & Kaplan, O. (2014). Boosting Consumer Efficacy Beliefs by Repositioning the Self. European Journal of Marketing, 48, 1914-1938.
Israel-Cohen, Y., Kashy-Rosenbaum, G., & Kaplan. O. (2014). High positive emotions shortly after missile attacks and the heightened risk of PTSD symptoms among Israeli adolescents. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 27, 375-378.
Israel-Cohen, Y., Uzefovsky, F., & Kaplan, O. (2015). Gratitude and PTSD Symptoms among Israeli Youth Exposed to Missile Attacks: Examining the Mediation of Positive and Negative Affect and Life Satisfaction. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 10, 99-106.
- More than 30 articles invited by Israeli professional journals in Hebrew
- More than 100 articles in financial news publications in Israel
- More than 50
- Presentations at academic & professional conferences and meetings
- Kaplan, O. (Ed. Book) (2003) (2008). "Investigators speak": Market research and its applications in the Israeli market: A second extended edition. (Hebrew). Rishon LeZion: Globes.